Kanban Ace Video Course - Online Video Classes Anywhere Anytime. Optional Live Q&A Session.
Kanban is the second generation of Agile & Lean. Kanban Ace is the first Open Kanban Method that is uniquely designed to enable you to improve all areas of your Software Development, IT, or Business. Our Kanban Ace class provides you with the latest Agile & Lean knowledge, tools and techniques to take you to the next level of productivity.
Best of all unlike Scrum, Open Kanban and Kanban Ace respect your company’s structure and processes, there is no need for new roles or changing your organization, rather you manage things better by visualizing them, focusing and improving continuously. Kanban Ace is an effective way to manage your projects, create new products or run your business.
On-Demand Advantages - Learn Anywhere, Anytime
- Anywhere. Global access whether you are in London, New York, Rome, Munich, Paris, New Delhi, or Tokyo. No more worries about time zones or schedule conflicts. Learn from the comfort your favorite café, your home or even your workplace. Wherever there is an Internet connection you can watch and learn Kanban. The videos are delivered in HD quality worldwide.
- Anytime. Learn at your own pace, once you register for our class you can start learning immediately, but if you need to take a break you can, and you can come back and continue learning.
- Human Touch. Once a month we hold an open Q&A about our On-Demand class, you are welcome to join us, and ask live questions to your coach. We will use a live online Kanban board to explain you the answers to your questions! The next Q&A session coming will be on May 20th, 2017, after you pay for it, you will receive an invite. The next Q&A session is scheduled for July 15th 2017.
- Lion Pass. It is our student only community, where you will receive the presentation slides for the whole class, access to the videos and email support from our instructors.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
First we recommend Kanban Ace for IT and Technology professionals: Project Managers, IT Architects, Development Leads, Developers, UX Designers, QA Managers, QA Analysts, and Sys Admins. It is a great way to achieve Agile Project Management for Software Development, QA or IT Operations. It is also a valuable method for Agile & Lean Coaches and Consultants.
Second Kanban Ace is ideal for Innovative businesses or startups. It is especially suited for: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, VPs or Senior Managers, Lean Startups, Entrepreneurs and Innovators.
Moreover Kanban Ace can be used in Financial Institutions, Advertising, Manufacturing or just about any business willing to try a better alternative to their usual methods of getting things done, and delivering value faster and with higher quality.
KANBAN ACE GOALS & ADVANTAGES
- MASTERY. To understand and master the principles, techniques and tools of Open Kanban, the second-generation Agile and Lean method. Participants get the full Kanban Ace training, with all our material from our Training Workshops.
- EXPERIENCE. AgileLion Institute has over 10 years of hands-on experience with Agile Development. We don’t just teach it, we use it every day. Learn more here.
- IT FOCUS. Our course places special emphasis on the needs of Software Development and IT organizations. Our coaches have extensive experience in the whole Software Development Life Cycle as Development Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers and hands on developers.
- EXCLUSIVE KNOW-HOW. Kanban MAP is our exclusive technique to do Agile Planning and Estimation. Kanban Gears is our advanced technique to improve your process significantly using Kanban, and Kanban Shield is our implementation safeguard to ensure your Agile Kanban initiative is welcome and remains a continuous success. Participants also get access to a full year of content on Lion Pass.
- OPEN KANBAN. Kanban Ace is the first Open Kanban Method. It is brought to you by the authors of this open source Agile and Lean method themselves. Open Kanban has a vision to bring the best ideas about Kanban and productivity to a global community.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION After you watch all the classes, we give you an opportunity to get our Kanban Ace Certificate of Completion. We will send you a completion test, after passing this test we will send you your certificate. This certificate would be a valuable addition to your resume, CV, LinkedIn page, personal blog or website.
If you would like your company to pay for your Kanban Ace class or certification, we can provide you with an invoice before or after the class. Please just fill in the form in our Contact page with the subjest "Request for an Invoice" and we will get back to you soon.
WORKSHOP CONTENTS - VIDEOS
Part I - Agile and Lean Fundamentals
- Teaching time: About 2 hours
- The Japanese Connection
- The Lean Movement
- The Need for Agile
- Agile Foundations and the Agile Movement
- The Lean-Agile Body of Knowledge
- Open Kanban, Agile 2.0 and Ultra Light Methods
Part II - Open Kanban in Practice
- Teaching time: About 2 hours
- Open Kanban Overview
- Open Kanban Values
- Understanding Open Kanban Practices
- Visualize the Workflow
- Lead Using a Team Approach
- Reduce BASE (Batch Size of your Efforts)
- Learn and Improve Continuously
- Understanding Kanban Systems
- How to use Kanban Boards
- Recorded Open Kanban Practice using Kanban Board Software
Part III - Kanban Ace Advanced Techniques
- Teaching time: About 2 hours
- Advanced Kanban Ace Board Techniques
- Kanban Ace Techniques for Release Management
- Kanban Ace Techniques to Reduce BASE
- MVP, MVR, MMFs, Epics and Stories
- Kanban Ace MAP: Minimum Actionable Planning
- Kanban Ace for Software Development
- Kanban Ace Planning & Estimation
- Kanban Ace Gears
- Kanban Ace Metrics
- Kanban Ace Shield: Keeping your Kanban Ace Implementation Healthy
Live Kanban Ace Q&A - Additional Fee
- This is a live Q&A session where we spend time with our students, resolving any doubts or questions they have regarding the material presented in the videos
- It also provides an opportunity for the students to speak directly with the author of the Kanban Ace and Open Kanban methods, and to address any advanced topic you may have such as working with Scrum, Scrumban, SAFe, or XP.
- These sessions are scheduled every two months.
- The next Q&A session coming will be on May 20th, 2017, after you pay for it, you will receive an invite. Q&A session after that one is scheduled on July 15th, 2017
7 PDUs, 7 PMI-ACP Contact hours if the student takes the optional Q&A session, otherwise 6 hours for both.
- When does the course begin?
- After you sign up you will receive a Lion Pass membership. It will include your user and password to access all the training material, which includes the videos and presentation slides. This usually takes less than 24 hours. After that you can start learning immediately from anywhere!
- How long will the videos be available?
- In our experience having access to the class indefinitely can lead students to procrastination and excessive delay. In order to prevent this, but to still give you a generous amount of time to learn the videos will be available for 6 months after you sign up for the course. Email support is given for a year, and the slides of the class are yours to keep.
- Can I skip parts of the videos?
- Yes of course. The point is that you learn what you need. If you already know a subject well, feel free to skip ahead. Do remember however that to get our Certificate of Completion, or later the Certified Kanban Ace designation you will need to know the material well.
- How difficult is the completion test?
- The objective of the completion test is that you show us that you have actually watched attentively the classes, if you have, you will do fine. Deming, one of the fathers of Lean said that the point of education is to learn, and we agree fully. Tests are there to help us realize what we’ve learned, not to make learning difficult.
Joseph Hurtado. Founder of AgileLion Institute, Kanban Ace Coach, and Author of Open Kanban. He has over 10 years of experience with Agile Development and IT solutions using Kanban, Crystal, Extreme Programming and Scrum. Joseph has led cross-functional teams in Canada, US and Europe to deliver software solutions using Kanban. He has experience with Portfolio Kanban solutions, Agile Project Management, Enterprise Dashboards, KPI design, Agile Drupal Development, Agile QA, e-commerce and Community Portals. In addition to leading teams, Joseph is an experienced Software Developer who has performed the full Software Development Life Cycle multiple times. He has worked for major companies such as IBM, Network Solutions, Scotiabank and Deluxe Corporation.
KANBAN ACE CERTIFICATIONS
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION. After you watch all the classes, we give you an opportunity to get our Kanban Ace Certificate of Completion. We will send you a completion test, after passing this test we will send you your certificate. This certificate would be a valuable addition to your resume, CV, LinkedIn page, personal blog or website.
- KANBAN ACE CERTIFICATION. For those students who wish to achieve a higher level of certification (Certified Kanban Ace) we offer an optional class. On this class we will explain a practical test where each student must demonstrate his/her knowledge of Kanban Ace by solving a Business Case. Students must apply what’s been taught and demonstrate their proficiency using Kanban boards, and Kanban Ace values, practices, and techniques. More information here.